How it provides savings:
Day cleaning programs help reduce cost and improve sustainability by adjusting cleaning schedules to more productive hours. Buildings can lower their energy bills by turning down lights and adjusting HVAC settings at earlier hours rather than keeping them running at night for cleaning crews. Day cleaners are actually more productive during the day on a per square foot basis because they have better visibility of soiled areas and can establish relationships with occupants so that messes are cleaned up as they occur.
- Reduces nighttime energy loads
- Reduces use of energy and therefore air pollution (if still using non-renewable energy)
- Reduces energy costs by 4-8%
- Offers more custodial positions during day time hours
- Reduces labor costs, depending on specifics of day cleaning procedures and schedule
Stay tuned for next weeks blog...